• Harper Lee says “Go Away!” in answer to a persistent journalist. Maybe people should just leave her alone.
• It’s been confirmed: Barnes & Noble’s new NOOK Press, a buffet of self-publishing services, is really just another tentacle of Author Solutions.
• Judging from ISBN output, Author Solutions is fading back as CreateSpace continues to accelerate.
• Maya Angelou stamps are available for preorder.
• Insights into why Jamie McGuire returned to self publishing.
• The harsh reality of nonfiction writing. It’s all gloom and doom in Canada, people. Gloom and doom.
• Turns out, Conan Doyle did write that story. I knew it all along: I deduced it!
• The Kansas state senate has passed a bill allowing teachers to be prosecuted for distributing materials deemed harmful to minors. One state representative wants Toni Morrison on the list of such materials. Censorship is a slippery slope, people.
• Finally, this gives me a boner: a “map” of literary genres. Now you know what to get me for Christmas.
Interested in being a correspondent for Town Crier? Write to editors at easystreetmag dot com.